Monday, January 25, 2010

Couch to 5k



Yesterday, Tracy and Melissa begged me to go to a spin class at Gold's Gym with them so I went.  I really enjoyed spin last year at Fitness Plus and then just fell out of the habit and back into my old habits.  I really loved my trainer Shawn and did really well with him... then he moved to Huntsville.  I have really used that as a great excuse to not have the self-discipline to work out and eat right.

After the spin class yesterday, I sat down and talked with a sweet lady named Sharon about pricing and training options.  By the end of our talk, she offered me a work trade program where I can work for 2 hours a week to pay for my membership.  I also felt overly excited when I saw that the treadmills have ipod/iphone docks!!  Now there is absolutely NO excuse not to go!  Who else can charge their ipod/iphones and run at the same time??

I downloaded an app on my phone that has the Couch to 5k program.  It tells you when to walk and when to run.  It was a lot harder than I thought it would be.  Day one alternates 90 seconds of walking and 60 seconds of running for 30 minutes.  I skipped the third run because my ankles were burning but then it stopped so i ran the rest of the runs.  (great story... I know)



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?