Saturday, April 3, 2010

Jehovah-Jireh


The Lord Will Provide, The Lord Will Be Seen

3 years ago, my husband Dustin & I lived in Tuscaloosa. We had lived in our first house for 10 months. Dustin was a student at Shelton State and I was working full time as a speech therapist in a nursing home 1/2 an hour south.  By all accounts, we were thriving.

One morning, I went into work and was told that my job was in jeopardy.  After 3 prayerful and terrifying days, I was told that I no longer had my job.  I was devastated. How would we possibly be able to pay for this house with NO income.  Dustin was receiving the GI Bill for school but we needed much more than that.  We cried together & prayed together. As scary as it was, we both just knew that God would provide.  Neither of us could explain why or how we knew it.  Within 2 hours of losing my job, I got a phone call from a company that owns 3 local nursing homes.  I had applied for a PRN position with their company about a month before to do some extra weekend and night work.  I had forgotten all about applying.  The girl told me that she ran across my application while cleaning out her desk and she was sorry for the delay.  I was able to start orientation that day and work 40 hours a week for 2 months until we moved to Gadsden, where I was able to take a job that had been posted since I was in college.  I knew from the moment I interviewed that this was where we were meant to be.

Since that time, we have been able to re-connect with our families and spend more time together.  The job market was beginning to collapse as Dustin was finishing school. We have been 15 months without 2 stable incomes. In that time, we have been able to pay off over 10,000 in debt, not because my job pays that well, but because the Lord will Provide and be seen.

1 comment:

  1. God is an AWESOME God!!!! I am 100% debt free finally as a single mom, with a part-time job. Awesome, awesome things that God does for us!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?