Friday, May 15, 2009

Friends Friday




Ok so i love my friends dearly and probably don't tell them enough how wonderful they are... so fridays are the days...



Today is dedicated to my dearest friend Rachel...

Not even two years ago I met a life long friend. I knew from the very first hello that this person was going to be very important in my life. I was so nervous about interviewing for this job. I knew that if she didn't like me I wouldn't get it. We ended up talking for over an hour and haven't really stopped since.

I love that when I don't have the answers, she does and when she needs me I can be there. I love that we can talk about anything or nothing at all and still have a great time. I think that it's crazy that we grew up in the same town and never knew each other. I know that our paths crossed more than once but God needed us to be in different places before we were introduced.

I found this and thought it was very sweet and appropriate for our friendship...

A Friend's Greeting
I'd like to be the sort of friend that you have been to me;
I'd like to be the help that you've been always glad to be;
I'd like to mean as much to you each minute of the day
As you have meant to me all along the way.
I'd like to do these splendid things for you,
To brush the gray out from your skies and leave them only blue;
I'd like to say the kindly things that I so often hear,
I'd like to give you back the joy that you have given me,
Yet that would be wishing you a need I hope will never be;
I'd like to make you feel as rich as I,
I'm wishing at this time that I could but repay
A portion of the gladness that you've strewn along my way;
And could I have one wish this year, this only would it be:
I'd like to be the sort of friend that you have been to me.
- Edgar A Guest -

1 comment:

What do you think?