Tuesday, May 19, 2009

It's Tuesday...


But really it's my Wednesday because I'm off on Friday!! I am flying to Texas to see my cousin (Elizabeth) graduate high school with my mom, aunt (Lisa) and cousin (Reid). I am pretty excited just to get away and spend some good quality family time. I kind of wish Dustin was going but I don't think he'd enjoy it very much :)

This trip is going to be fun but emotional as well. Last February, my uncle passed away at the age of 50 from clear cell sarcoma. This loss has been very difficult for our family. My mother was there when he passed. This will be the first time we've been back since then. My heart breaks for my little (ha - she turns 19 on graduation day) cousin because this is such a special event in her life and her father's not there to share it. The saddest part is that this is really the first of many... college, wedding, baby... you name it. She had such an amazing bond with her dad and reminded me so much of my relationship with my father. I am so very thankful to have both of my parents living and still married to each other after all these years.
Today is my grandfather's (Da) 83rd birthday. He is so funny and for the most part still with it cognitively. I should really spend more time with him while I have the chance... Funny Da story... When asked by his doctor if he lived locally, he answered... I guess so, I've had 3 beautiful children, 4 wonderful grandchildren, lived through a couple of wars.... and so on, yep, I guess I've lived pretty "luckily".

1 comment:

  1. Cute story about your grandfather! Have a safe trip!

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?