So as you have read I have a very dear friend who is dealing with being not so fertile.
I'd like to share some things about being the friend of someone who is dealing with this.
- You want more than anything to fix it for them!
- You also want to punch people in the face - HARD - "when are you going to have one?????????" "I'm not too excited about being pregnant!!" "My kid drives me crazy when he/she does ______"
- Her life is consumed by it and I hurt for her. (Not that she shouldn't be consumed but she feels like a bad friend for thinking/talking about it)
- She should not feel bad. EVER. She is my friend and I love that I can be there for her when she needs an open ear or a dry shoulder.
- I'm afraid to be excited about pregnancy symptoms she may have because I hate to see her crushed.
She was scared, worried, nervous, excited... check all of the above box here.
Things she learned...
- They told her to split her bromacriptine (sp?) in half and take BID to avoid peaks and valleys
- They started her on daily injections
- They discussed IUI for later
- They ordered an MRI of her brain to check for a pituitary tumor - ALL CLEAR!!!
- New blood work was done - NORMAL
- Gave her great hope!!
- Didn't make her husband re-do any of his tests!!!