Tuesday, August 25, 2009

my life lately...

There are few reasons why I haven't blogged lately...
  • There are just some things better kept private.
  • I think on some level I am depressed.
  • It's not wise to blog about work.
In partial reference to the first... all of the job leads Dustin has had lately have fallen through. It seems like if I announce an interview or a new application submitted, then it will surely fall through. We are both so tired of this unemployed life. He is getting much better about sharing his feelings about not working. He's miserable with it and every day that passes feels more hopeless. We both know that God is in control and that our needs will be met in His time.
I am so proud of Dustin. He has made such an effort to be a great husband. He cooks. He cleans. He does laundry. He barely watches TV. He has taken the lead in Night Light by James Dobson. I could go on :) Even though we have issues - like all couples - I'm happy.

I don't really know why I might be depressed... hmmm - let's think about it. Husband has been looking for jobs for 8 months with no luck, my friend and co-worker changed jobs, my granddad is 83 and seems to be declining rapidly, issues that i can't discuss online, my very dear fertility challenged friend has been on a roller coaster for weeks now and I hurt for her.

I'm not even going to comment on the last one.

So I haven't been sleeping well. I don't know if that's the best way to say it... I can't get to sleep. Once I do, I can't wake up. It doesn't matter what time I go to sleep. What is wrong with me??? I am tired all day! I have not gotten up in time to do my Whispers Of Hope study. Even on the days that I happen to get up on time, I'm not motivated. I know that's horrible to say that I don't have motivation to do my Bible study and spend time in prayer but that's where I'm at right now.

On a lighter note.... here are some things that have made me tremendously happy and kept me going lately...
  • Movie night with Mom - Julie & Julia - a must see
  • Bought some cute stuff on NotMoira.com
  • I painted a Pretty Peacock
  • I had a fantastic weekend... one of the best in a long time thanks to some TRUE friends and back porches!
  • Bronco is still a great dog! He has such a personality!!
  • I'm going to see Sister Hazel Thursday night here in Gadsden!
  • I am waiting to receive my "Little" in a couple of weeks! (Big Brothers Big Sisters)
  • Paint The Town is still wildly successful!
  • The Alabama Gift Company is open and running :)
  • Lazy pajama days
  • God provides for every need we have... all the time!

1 comment:

  1. ugh it's so hard when you keep applying for jobs and are met with rejection after rejection. i know how Dustin feels...but there have just got to be something in the Plan for him:)Chin up!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?