Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Da is moving in... some time today

The D/C order has been written and now we are just waiting on respiratory to do some final tests so that he'll qualify for home oxygen.  I spent a few hours in mom's basement last night cleaning out everything.  Wow... there's lots of stuff down there.  Came across some things that  made me cry so hard I couldn't breathe and then others that made me laugh so hard I couldn't breathe.  I am so thankful that my parents are sentimental and have held on to nearly everything I have ever touched. 

Life is about to change with Da moving in.  I am excited about the opportunity to spend more time with him.  I have not been great about making him a priority in the past.  I feel like this change will be difficult for my aunt.  She has done such a great job of taking care of him and jumping to his every whim.  I hope that she uses her extra time to spoil her family.  They have all sacrificed so much to take care of him.  Mom is very excited about the opportunity to take care of Da and put in her fair share of time and energy.  Da seems pretty agreeable so far...

1 comment:

What do you think?