Friday, February 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Daddy!

(Click picture to view larger)


My sweet daddy is 58 years young today! If you don't already know... I am and only child and I was born on Father's Day.  I LOVE my daddy!  I will always be a daddy's girl.


My dad is a/an... (in no particular order)
  • big kid
  • loving husband - 29 years
  • great encourager
  • hard worker
  • conspiracy theorist
  • man of God
  • jack of all trades
  • master of many
  • friend
  • animal lover
  • inventor - he's always finding a new/better way to get what he wants
  • tech geek
  • soft spot in my heart - I am very tender about my dad.  I've had several friends lose their fathers over the years and I honestly don't know how they cope... except for the grace of God.
  • blessing to me and many others [loves to do mission work, especially building things]
  • humble man - think "aww shucks"
  • generous soul {I have literally seen him give the shirt off his back}
  • student
  • mentor [all the boys I grew up with loved "Mr. Jim" & were always eager to learn the 'skill of the week' & help with whatever Dad was working on at the time]
  • provider
  • wood carver - I really should put some pics up of his carvings
  • horticulturist - greenest thumb I know
  • meteorologist
  • adventurer
  • explorer
  • teacher 
  • fisherman
  • hunter
  • welder
  • craftsman
  • caregiver - his mother suffered from Rheumatoid Arthritis from an early age. Dad would run home from school (as young as 3rd grade) to fix her lunch and then go back!  He cared for his Dad when he was suffering from kidney disease. 
  • mechanic
But, above all.... he is my "favorite" Daddy and I don't know what I'd ever do without him!

1 comment:

  1. How blessed you both are to have each other!! Happy Birthday to your dad!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?