Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hoarder...

First, check out the Stuff Christians Like blog for today... it's really really really good!

I have been accused of "hoarding" negative emotions against people who have hurt me the deepest.  I admit that I am far from perfect.  The concept of "forgive & forget" has been one of the hardest to adopt in my life.  I come from a long line of Sicilian, grudge-holding women.  It is so hard to break that generational bondage.

A few years ago my world was turned upside down by someone very close to me.  I still get sensitive about it even when I'm not trying to.  It drives me crazy that I still get upset about it occasionally.  It usually catches me completely off guard.  I've learned to give it up quicker and not dwell in it for days.

One of the biggest turning points for me to forgive was to admit that even after all this time, I had not truly forgiven in the first place.  I also had to acknowledge that God is bigger than my problems.  I had not allowed Him to truly heal my broken heart, instead, I let Him put a bandaid on it.  It held me together until the sticky wore off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?