Thursday, August 19, 2010

Status

I have seen this status pop up on facebook a few times recently:

I have carried ___ children in my body. I have comforted babies upon my chest. My body is not magazine perfect but when I look in the mirror, I see a mother & there is no greater honor or blessing. Make this your status if you are proud to be a mother!

I can't take it anymore. I have to say something.
  • Approximately 6.1 million women (according to a study in 1995 - last stat I could find) STRUGGLE every day with infertility.
  • I have comforted hundreds of kids in my day and I am not a mother.
  • So according to this... I am not greatly blessed?
No, I have not felt the heartbreak of trying month after month with no positive result, but my heart breaks for those who have and I feel a strong need to protect them. I know that the mommies who have posted this think it's cute and "true" and want to share. I think they would feel differently if they knew what these people go through on a daily basis just to have what came so naturally to someone else.

BTW... I'm not trying to offend anyone that put this as their status.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?