Recipe adapted from: RealSimple
Pesto Orecchiette Italian Sausage Pasta
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour
- 12 ounces orecchiette
- 1 steamfresh bag of green beans or 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 steamfresh bag of english peas or 1 cup frozen peas
- 5-6 Italian sausage links, bite sized slices.
- 1 small jar pesto or 1/3 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place sausage in small, oven-safe dish with enough water to cover the bottom of the dish. Cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 30 more minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. If using fresh green beans and frozen peas, add the green beans and peas during the last 3 minutes of cooking. If using steamfresh vegetables, heat as directed, then add to cooked pasta. Drain the pasta and vegetables and return them to the pot.
- Cut the sausage in to bite sized pieces.
- Add the sausage, pesto, and Parmesan to the pasta and vegetables and toss to combine.