Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Turn... Part 2

Today was my second day with Da and I was much more prepared than yesterday!  I remembered to check his pill box (Mom called him to remind him to take them this morning), give the breathing treatment, and give him a coke to drink instead of the beer he already had open.

I decided to eat with him. Unfortunately, after a bite and a half, I dumped my plate in the floor.  With Brit in the house, there's no such thing as a 5 second rule.  He was locked up in the bathroom but still... I know where those feet have been!  Da got very jumpy and nervous to the point I thought his food was going to be next in the floor.  He's so giving.  He begged me to split his lunch with him.  Instead, I went upstairs and found an apple and a banana and some peanut butter (which was all better for me than what I had in the first place).

All in all, today was pretty uneventful.  He got a card in the mail from some old friends and said he was going to call another old friend.  I think he's settling in pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?