Sunday, March 14, 2010

I need the fruit!

Almighty God,

I pray tonight that you help me to show the fruit of your Spirit.

May I experience love for others, even the unlikable.  Grow my love for my husband and show me new ways to show him how much he means to me.  Grow my love for my grandfather and show me how to connect with him.

May I experience true joy in You in all circumstances because I know that You are a sovereign Lord and I am commanded to "rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS"... not just when I feel like it and things are going good.  Remind me to rejoice in my stress, sadness, and frustration.

May I experience peace in uncertainty.  Thank you for the great peace you have already shown me.

May I experience patience (Lord help me!).  Show me my faults so that I may not judge others so quickly.  Show me areas, people, and circumstances that I need to exercise my patience.  Give me the strength to do what's right and not what's easy.  Forgive me for my quick judgments.  I truly do not want the responsibility to be the judge. That's your job.

May I experience kindness, goodness, and gentleness and show it to others.  Help me to remember that we all have our insecurities and nobody wants them publicized or pushed.  God, soften my heart for others.

May I experience faithfulness.  You are a sovereign Lord and ALL that you do is for the growth of the kingdom and your people.  I believe that you are who you say you are and that your word is alive and powerful.  Use me.

May I experience self-control.  I am a weak being. Strengthen me.

Thank you for your word and blessings in my life.  I praise you for who you are...

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?